Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
Can I change the way "My Page" looks?
How do I change my profile picture?
How do I add pictures to "My Page"?
How do I add a HogWebs.com Badge or Slideshow to my Myspace or Facebook page?
Can I add images to my classified listing?
How do you follow a conversation?
- Can I change the way "My Page" looks?
- Click on the "My Page" tab located near the top of the page under the HogWebs.com banner. Under your profile picture, click on the Change "Theme" link. Make the desired changes and then click "Save" at the bottom of the page.
If you want to cancel your changes just click on the "Apply HogWebs.com Theme" button and then "save."
- How do I add a Hogwebs.com Badge or Slideshow to my Myspace or Facebook page?
- Click here to go to the page where you can pick from several styles of badges and slideshows. Copy the suitible code and insert it into your myspace or facebook page to let the world know that you're a HogWebs.com member!
- How do I change my profile picture?
- Click on the "My Page" tab located just under the Hogwebs banner at the top of the page. On the left side of your personal page under the profile picture is a link which says Change "My Photo." Click that link and a box open for your to upload a new picture or enter a link to a picture which is stored elsewhere online. (Note: use a picture that is square for the best results as the system will fit it into a square box)
- How do I add pictures to "My Page"?
- First click on the "PHOTOS" tab in the menu bar near the top of the page.
- Then click the "+Add Photos" link just below the menu bar, on the upper right side.
- Click on one of the "Browse" buttons to navigate to an image file located on your computer.
- Choose an image file on your computer by highlighting it in the open window, then click "Open" at the bottom of the window.
- Now the image path will be shown in the white box next to the browse button that was selected. Repeat this step to fill the other boxes if you have more than one image to upload.
- Click on the yellow "UPLOAD" located at the bottom below the input boxes. Wait for the upload to finish before closing the window!
- Edit the name and description of your image and choose who will be able to see this picture.
- Click "Save Changes"
- Your picture has been added! Now you can view it on your "My Page" picture slide show.
- Can I add images to my classified listing?
- Yes! You can use HTML code to add pictures to your listing.
- First, get the address where the picture that you wish to use is stored online. (Example: http:// www.someplace.com/yourpicture.jpg)
- Next, insert the following code into your ad, substituting your own image location.
- An easier way to do this is to use a free service like photo bucket that will store your images AND generate the code for you!
- You can also navigate to the photo online (for example, to a picture stored on HogWebs.com) and then right click on the image. Then select "copy image location." You can then paste that address within the code provided above.
- How do I follow a conversation?
- How To Follow A Conversation:When you comment on an item on HogWebs.com, you can elect to follow future comments on that conversation by simply clicking the "Follow" button located below the text box where you would input your own comments. This holds true for everything on our site, including, pictures, videos, blog posts, forums, events, etc.
When you're following, you will receive an e-mail whenever another member adds a comment. Take a look at the screen shot below to see where the button is located.
How To Stop Notifications: If at anytime you decide that you no longer want to follow a particular conversation, you just click the same link again which will have changed to read, "Stop Following"
Back to the top of the page